Sunday, May 22, 2005

Pools of sorrow, waves of joy

I've wanted to use that line for a while now. I've fallen into deep like with the I Am Sam soundtrack, and especially Rufus Wainwright's version of "Across the Universe."
That's how I feel about things lately. The two emotions in conjunction with each other. I'm not having high highs and low lows. I have good things that fall into my lap and then there's the agony of my back (or more precisely, kidney) pain that lurks and is an everpresent threat to just getting through the day.
I've had a few good days lately, which is saying a lot, considering the ordeal the last four months have been with the pain, doctor visits, tests, etc. But I've also learned to be grateful....it could be worse. I'm in better shape than some, not as good as others.
Pools and waves, pools and waves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home