Saturday, August 06, 2005

I can quit any time

The past three nights have been difficult, to say the least. Not as bad as the mind numbing pain from the irritated nerve, but very unsettling. Restlessness, inability to sleep, nausea, vomiting, body aches, and anxiety - fun, fun, fun. And it hits about 11ish, right when I've been getting sleepy/trying to go to bed.
So the DivaGeek and I did some Googling, and we think I *might* be going through withdrawal. I've been on some strong pain meds for a month now, because of the toothache and root canal, kidney stone, and irritated nerve. And this week, since I've been feeling better physically, I've cut back drastically on the amount of pain meds I've been taking. And lo and behold, these unusual symptoms have been creeping up.
I took one pill tonight, as an experiment, and within an hour, the physical symptoms were eased, if not gone. I was able to fall asleep, for a little while. And I think when I relax a little more, I'll be able to go back to sleep tonight.
Obviously, the medicine has an effect (that's why it's a controlled substance), and the link between taking the pill and the symptoms diminishing can't be overlooked. I have to see my doctor soon to follow up on the nerve issue, and will talk to her about it then. In the meantime, I'm going to taper myself off. Going through these symptoms is difficult, and with all the suffering of the past month, I think I'll be pushing myself over the edge to go through more physical pain and agitation right now. If Dr. DivaGeek and I are correct, we have identified the problem, and I have a plan of action to deal with it. Keep your fingers crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home