Sunday, November 20, 2005

Housebound

I'm home this weekend. No Drive-By Truckers at the Cradle for me. The foot-leg pain from the July surgery is getting worse. The urgent care PA I saw Friday told me to get bed rest for several days. I filled the scripts for pain meds and steroids, though I'm not sure why. I've taken steroids before, and they make me physically ill, make me break out, and I have to fight to keep from gaining weight - aw, hell no I ain't taking 'em this time. I have an appointment with my real doctor Wednesday. It won't hurt to see her about my lingering headaches and sinus issues as well. Prediction: sinus infection.
I suppose it's good that I went for some help Friday, even though I didn't get much. The nurse asked me if I had blood pressure problems, which baffled me. I don't; it runs average to low. She patted me on the arm and said "Pain usually makes it run up" but didn't mention how "up" up was, which concerned me a little, because it must have been high for her to ask that question.
So, I'm back to keeping the doctors of this fair town in business. The PA said I'd probably need an MRI and physical therapy. Like I have time for that. Can't I just have a shot in the back and go on my way?
A funny from Friday - my doctor's receptionist was looking over my records while we wer on the phone and asked me if I'd seen the urologist they'd recommended. They hadn't received any of my records from him since referring me in June. I told her that I'd been seeing him regularly, had two surgical procedures, and had been to the Imaging deparment at the hospital enough to know the staff on a first name basis. When I relayed this story to my father, he said, "You should have told her you've seen that doctor enough to be going steady!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home