Monday, March 27, 2006

Where is Casey Kasem when you need him?

Dad o' Dix: (looking down at radio display in car) Is that John Tesh?
Dix: (choking on water) DADDY! That is John LENNON! ("Imagine" was on the radio at the time.)
Dad o' Dix: I don't know music, you know that.
Mom o' Dix: I have a tape of John Tesh one of my former piano students gave me.
Dix: I did not need to know that.
Mom o' Dix: Why not?
Dix: Just because. (pause) Daddy, they don't play John Tesh on the radio.
Mom o' Dix: Why not?
Dix: Because he's John Tesh.

Later....
Dad o' Dix: What's the name of that group, Nickelsworth, Nickelsomething?
Dix: Nickelback.
Dad o' Dix: And what's that song they sing?
Dix: Which one? They all sound alike.

And later still....
Dix: Daddy, do you know who that is on the radio?
Dad o' Dix: No, I can't tell.
Dix: Eddie Money.
Mom o' Dix: Does he sing Nickelback?
Dix: NO. His name is Eddie Money. He is completely different from the group called Nickelback.
Dad o' Dix: I want my nickel back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Parents and semi modern music are always good comedy. Thanks for sharing. We must protect our family from Nickelback

3/29/2006 12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home