Monday, May 08, 2006

Feel a drunk comin' on

Not me. My dog Maggie. Who ingested enough windshield washer fluid to get herself pretty lit up. She was unable to get to her feet when I first found her. I thought she had gotten into antifreeze and rushed her to the emergency vet. Her bloodwork and urinalysis came back ok, so they kept her overnight. After thinking about what the vet told me, I looked at the bottle again - and it wasn't antifreeze. Thankfully.
Maggie was in good spirits when I picked her up this morning. Wish I could have said the same about me. After getting only about 2 hours of sleep, I was up at 5 a.m. to make the hour trip over to pick her up, the hour trip back to leave her at my vet, and the half hour trip back (over the same road!!!) to work. This is the shock and awe part - I haven't taken a nap yet. Y'all pick yourselves up off the floor.
Maggie is spending tonight at my vet's office, getting IV fluids. She may be well enough to come home tomorrow. Big thanks go out to all my Internut friends who kept us in their thoughts and prayers. I'm sending you hugs and Maggie's sending you non-toxic slurpies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Do we need an intervention for Maggie? Have you noticed empty JD bottles in your yard?

Glad to hear she's ok

5/08/2006 7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home