Monday, August 08, 2005

Manic Monday

Argh...what a day. Got to work and rushed to get myself organized from the NOLA conference and Raleigh workshops. Had to call my new teachers to make sure they know to come to training tomorrow. Ran to grab lunch on the way to another meeting....and my car stalled at the pay window in the McDonald's drive thru. Two nice men behind me in line pushed my car out of the way and into a parking space. Our secretary came to pick me up. That's a lot of trouble to go through to miss a meeting. ;)
Mom came to pick me up after work and followed me home (because the car cranked later). We got about two miles out of town and the car died again. The highlight of the attempted drive was when the car was losing power and the speedometer needle went ALL the way over to 100. I've never been that fast, going so slowly.
We called a tow truck and the car will be worked on this week. Looks like the alternator. But at least my "breakdown" wasn't as bad as the Divageek's last week. I don't think I'd have handled it that well. Plus, I need better drugs.
p.s. Big shout out to the nice young McDonald's employees who ran out to help push my car, asked if I needed help or needed to call anyone, and also brought my food over from the window. You deserve a raise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home