Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas comes early

Saw Terry Anderson and the Olympic Ass Kickin Team at the Cat's Cradle Friday night. And the little guy at the door carded me. Hahahahahaaaaaaaa. The LMGC was not carded. The door guy must have thought the LMGC was a dirty old pervert, being out with someone who looks young enough to be carded.
So that chuckle was early Christmas #1.
Early Christmas #2 was the kick-ass show put on by the OAK Team. The show was filmed for a possible DVD release and the Team brought the rawk. The crowd was sparse, maybe 40 people max, but the OAK Team played like they were in front of a full house and then some. My only complaint is that the sound was way too loud. Of course, I was standing in front of one of the big speakers most of the night, so that could have played a big part. The LMGC's opinion is that there wasn't enough of a crowd to absorb the sound the band was putting out. My ears sure did. They were still ringing almost 24 hours later.
Early Christmas #3 was the Tres Chicas Saturday night show at the Carrboro ArtsCenter. I didn't take any still pictures, but I did get a minute and a half video clip of their last song, "The Beauty of 23 (Slip So Easily)" - one of my favorites that they perform. The Chicas are wonderful, and were very kind to autograph a large poster for the LMGC after the show.
The weekend was rounded out by good eats at the Farmers' Market in Raleigh (delicious homemade beef vegetable soup and a buttery grilled cheese sandwich), the Ramshead Rathskeller in Chapel Hill (the infamous bowl of cheese they call lasagna), and Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill in Durham (creme brulee cheesecake to live for).
I'm having trouble getting into the holiday spirit, but this weekend was like one big present from me to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home