Monday, April 17, 2006

Highland Black Angus


Angus is the new old addition to the crew. Angus, Maggie, and I (along with another dog, cat, and human) were "family" in Durham. His "daddy" has had overwhelming medical problems in the last year or so, and Angus has been cared for by his "grandparents." They've had some problems of their own, so it was decided that I should bring Angus home with me yesterday.
Angus's nails were so long that he was limping. He hasn't been thoroughly brushed in a while; it will take days of brushing to get him cleaned up. He also had some hind end issues (aka poopy butt) and needs updated vaccinations.
When Angus and I arrived home last night, I set to work on his nails. He has always been an anxious boy and never liked getting them worked on, so I gave him some "calming liquid" to help us both out. My wrestling hold worked, and I was able to make short work of his talons in no time. When his short legs hit the ground, I was rewarded with the biggest corgi smile. He could walk again! Angus got some brushing and cleaning of the hind end as well.
Then it was time to meet the Cerbs. Three noses were on him instantly. Maggie took the longest sniffs and I think she does remember him. They lived together for four years, so the familiarity should be there. We had much sniffing of rears and licking of ears, and the crew decided that Angus is an OK guy.
I think he's a little overwhelmed by the other three, as he's a pretty calm little fellow. Which would not hurt if it rubbed off on Cerberus. He's holding his own. Watch this space for more about Angus and the Cerbs (thanks for the name, godmother DG).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home