Sunday, April 15, 2007

Update

  • Happy 6th Birthday, Maggie! I'm a horrible mom - I'd have forgotten if Dogster hadn't sent a birthday email. She got to run around in the drizzle all by herself this morning, and that for her, is a real treat. She also got a "tartar treat" to chew on, plus a little extra kibble in her bowl.
  • Angus is on the road to recovery from his episode with vestibular disorder. It occurred last Saturday night and the LMGC and I didn't know what to make of it. Our initial thoughts were that he'd somehow gotten into something in the hotel room while we were at supper. But we couldn't find anything that would make sense. Dad o'Dix thought it might be a stroke, and when I Googled and read a bit, I pre-diagnosed Angus with vestibular disorder. The vet confirmed it. Reading about vestibular disorder helped to ease my mind and also let me know what we were in for in terms of recovery. Angus still walks sideways at times, has a little trouble with the steps, and still has his head tilt, but is making progress. He actually ran for about 10-15 feet today, with a nice steady gait. Thanks for all the prayers sent up on his behalf.
  • Kidney stones. They're hanging around. I am not happy.
  • PHS - in Raleigh on 4/26 (yes, it's a school night), in Wilmington on 5/4, and back in Raleigh on 6/8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home