Thursday, July 05, 2007

Cameraphonewhore


It's only taken 11 months, but I've finally managed to get my photos downloaded from my phone. Not all the photos are that old, but the first ones are. The motivation came from the PHS/DBT show at the HOB in Myrtle Beach. They won't let you take a camera in, but they can't stop you from taking photos with your cameraphone.
So, after ordering a cable to connect the phone with my laptop (thank you, eBay) and downloading Motorola Phone Tools, I was ready to go. I thought. Turns out MPT won't work with my phone, even though the internets said it would. I then placed an order online for Kyocera Phone Tools, guaranteed to work with my phone. The CD is on its way. An hour later, again, thanks to the internets, I tried BitPim software and after several tries, the laptop recognized the phone. I'm not an expert with it, and the most I can do right now is to download the photos, so for what I want and need, I'm happy with BitPim, plus it was free.
The accompanying photo was taken as I was driving (!) to work one morning. I'm all for the DOT (Dept. of Transportation for you non-NC folks) saving money, but the lame-ass attempt to change a sign from "UNMARKED" to "UNEVEN" pavement without taking the inflectional ending off makes me wonder about someone's competence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hezalin said...

very funny,! you'll have to tell me about the cable and bitpam? I have a razr and can't downlaod my pics either. I'm sooo not buying a bluetooth jsut for that.

7/09/2007 11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home