Sunday, June 05, 2005

I'll jump on the bandwagon too....

Weekend music heavily influenced by the Concert for George DVD I've been watching and in anticipation of the Ryan Adams show on Wednesday, presented in random order:

Rufus Wainwright - Across the Universe
John Lennon - Watching the Wheels (from the Acoustic album)
Ryan Adams - Cold Roses
Traveling Wilburys - Handle with Care
The Beatles - I'm Looking Through You
Soundtrack - I Am Sam
George Harrison - Live in Japan
Whiskeytown - Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart Tonight
Big Head Todd and the Monsters - Bittersweet
R.E.M. - You are the Everything (2003 Raleigh soundcheck)

The Concert for George DVD is amazing. Emotional without being sappy. Visually stunning, very well edited. See if you can spot Steve Winwood in the crowd. Great music played by great musicians. It's amazing how much Dhani Harrison resembles his dad. Almost spooky.

And because I can't seem to get away from the Beatles....my new glasses (John Lennon #609) should come in this week.

Now I need to eat some lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home