Thursday, July 14, 2005

There's a little black spot on the sun today

This week has been a bitch. Don't know what I did in a previous life to deserve this karmic payback. Went through last weekend with a horrible toothache and earache that left me feeling like a lump. Had a root canal on Tuesday for the tooth and spent the rest of the day recuperating at my parents' house. Was awakened in the wee hours of Wednesday morning in excruciating pain. Had to crawl to my parents' bedroom door to get help. The pain lasted about 3 hours, and my handy dandy Darvocet didn't touch the pain. When I started passing blood, we decided an ER visit was in order, and of course, then, the pain went away. Managed to get a little rest and went to my urologist Wednesday morning. He sent me to the hospital for more x-rays and another CT. They know me on a first name basis over there now (hi Jason, nice x-ray tech guy!). What we've discovered is that I did pass a stone Wednesday morning, but it's still hanging around, waiting to leave my body. Plus I have several more small stones still in my kidney. I've got a strainer to catch the stone (ha) and I go back to the doctor tomorrow.
Tried to go to work this morning, but the pain kicked up again, and I just don't feel comfortable at all. Got halfway to work, turned around and came home. Yay for sick leave. Now I'm laid up in the bed, doped up on more narcotics, and trying to drink lots and lots of fluids to help flush these nasty stones out.
2005 has been a pretty rotten year so far, in terms of my health. After the last few days, I don't know how much more pain I can take. It wears on me physically, mentally, and emotionally. Daddy said (jokingly) that he'd take me out back with his Red Hawk, and I can't say that's not a bad idea right now. The chronic pain has me feeling helpless, lonely, and depressed. I know what's going on, and why I feel this way, but I feel powerless to fight it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home