Thursday, August 11, 2005

Good grief

I am going to soak my feet - I should probably go soak my head. After a long day packing up my classroom, I was looking forward to relaxing at home. I brought in some heavy storage containers and boxes, and was ready to set Cerberus free for an early evening run. And then I realized the darn dogs had locked themselves in their room. It's an old lock, in an old house, and I have no idea if there is a key for it, or where it would be if it existed.
I know it happened because Lily paws repeatedly at the door and doorknob. And one of those paws hit the button in the doorknob, turned it, and boom - they're locked in. Of course they were not worried at all.
I tried going in through the windows, but they were locked. Daddy came over and ended up prying the knob off the door. We rigged it back closed for the night and it seems to be working.
That Harry Potter/Nancy Kerrigan "why me" syndrome is crawling all over me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm beginning to think that 3 dogs (including one like Big Lil) are almost the equivalent of having 1 child. . . though I may get flamed by parents, here!

If they can lock the door, why can't they also nuke dinner and sign for UPS packages?

8/11/2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger Steve said...

Don't leave the car keys within their reach God only knows what would happen

8/11/2005 11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home