Thursday, September 22, 2005

Random update

Had a most delicious dessert today....strawberry margarita cheesecake from Chili's. Lunch was good, at the time, but it's come back to haunt me tonight. Don't think I'll be finishing up the leftovers.
Shopped at Hobby Lobby for the first time today. They have a large selection of items, craft and non-craft, but the prices seem a bit steep. Also, the customer service at checkout was seriously lacking. To the point where I went to their site and complained politely. Don't know that it will change things, but I feel better having screamed, don't you? (Brownie points if you get the reference, and y'all that will know who you are.)
Had to emergency sub in a classroom the other morning and the talk turned to the weather, and then, to Hurricane Katrina. One of the students, who I'd taught last year, pipes up with "George Bush let those black people die. If them had been white, they wouldn't have died." Thank you mini-Kanye.
Edit - I had posted about work, but those of you who know me have already heard the story, and I'm not going to get "dooced."
Edit part 2 - I am doing very well on my "don't touch the salt shaker" diet. Although I'm not to the point of checking labels and such for sodium, I have almost completely eliminated adding extra table salt to my food. I've been going strong for a little over a month now, and can count on one hand the number of times I've added salt to my food. Which I think is great, considering I was of the habit of tossing on the salt before I'd even tasted a bite. Excessive sodium can cause kidney stone formation, so this is my little preventative measure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home