Friday, December 23, 2005

Why I'm having trouble feeling holidayish


I think it's because I'm not in the classroom with *my* kids. I felt similarly at Christmas 3 years ago when I was not in the classroom. That time it was as a result of a stupid decision; this time, it's because of a career advancement decision.
I really miss doing holiday things with the kids, more than I want to admit or realize. Getting presents for the kids, helping them make presents for their parents, organizing a holiday play and party, etc. are added stress during the holiday season, but they have been such a part of my life for the last 11 years that I think I've come to depend on them.
Although this picture isn't holiday related, it speaks volumes about why I'd go back to the classroom in a New York minute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home