Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wintry weather


We had snow today! Real actual big flakes! But we didn't get sent home from school early. Darn.
I was in a first grade classroom doing assessments when the wintry mix began. After a few minutes of ooohhing and aaahhhing by the kids, I looked at the teacher and said "Take them out."
Yes, I violated the 90 minute protected reading block. We have reading 90 minutes a day, every day. If we get 90 minutes of snow in a year, we're lucky. So today, we had "Snowing First."
Many of the other classes bundled up and came outside as well.
One kindergartner yanked on my coat and asked "Who's making the snow come down?" "God" was my answer. What was I gonna say? Xenu?
Then, as the snow began to taper off, another kindergartner yelled out "The snow is running out!"
I came home to find that the youngsters who live across the street had made a little snowman this morning. It's kind of "Blair Witchy" in a way, but cute nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home