Friday, July 22, 2005

Don't close Dorothea Dix yet

If not for this and my Dr. Scholl's massage wand, I would have gone crazy by now.
In the wee hours of Tuesday morning, intense pain in my thighs and back woke me up. Since that time, I've been fighting the pain, almost non-stop. The nurse from the urologist's office said it's probably because my legs were bent up and in the stirrups during the cystoscopy so long. It didn't seem like that long, but who knows. I certainly don't think it was long enough to cause pain for over 72 hours.
Until today, I had only slept a total of 12 hours since coming home Monday. The pain kept me up, and most of my awake time was spent pacing the floor, as it provided a little relief.
A brainstorm came in the early hours of Wednesday morning, and I pulled out the massage mat. It seemed to help, and I was able to get some rest. I used it throughout the day and my exhausted body finally got some relief. The massage wand has been great for deep muscular penetration, and I think it was the key to unlocking my thigh muscles.
When I get the timing right in my medicinal cocktails (Percocet and Zanaflex, with a little Advil or Tylenol on the side), I get a little peace. But the meds aren't lasting long enough, and the suffering comes back too soon. The pain is pushing my limits, almost worse than passing a kidney stone.
Do me one favor....if this keeps up, just make sure my rubber room is Carolina blue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home