Monday, August 15, 2005

Playing catch up

  • LOD a week late, from the Bob and Sheri morning radio program, a quote from their director, Max: Every woman has a slutty friend. If you don't who it is, it's you.

  • Went to see Patty Hurst Shifter at The Pour House on Saturday. It was a good show, and I came away liking their music more than I had the first time I heard them play. Had a weird experience trying to get some breakfast afterward. Something had gone down at the Miami Subs next to the Waffle House, and there were cops everywhere. When I saw one standing beside his car with his rifle out on his hip, I told the LMGC that we needed to depart quickly. Actually, I do believe it was a little more profanity laden and urgent, but you get the idea. I still haven't been able to find out what was going on, but I keep searching the local news station and newspaper websites.

  • Tomorrow will be the day we get all my teacher "stuff" out of my classroom. I don't know where I'll put it all, but I'll find room. The end of an era. *Sniffle*

  • Today, my former assistant and I tried out the new Western Sizzlin steakhouse that opened just up the road. The buffet was not bad at all. Highlight #1 - the cashier ringing up "one regular buffet and one senior buffet" for us...Lisa is only 43, and doesn't *look* like a "senior" but the cashier thought she was doing us a favor. ;) I got a good laugh out of that one. Highlight #2 - fatback on the buffet line. Mmm mmm good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home