Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Knit-wit

The Divageek has rubbed off on me and I've taken a notion that I want to learn how to knit. Purchased a "I Taught Myself to Knit" kit, along with some yarn. Opened the book today and quickly realized I'm in over my head. Dear Lord. But then I thought...if Kate Hudson can learn to knit, surely I can too. Of course, I haven't seen samples of her work, so who knows?
As I told the Divageek, this will probably turn out to be yet another craft project or hobby I start and then half-ass finish, and it will join my cross-stitch and jewelry making as "things I really want to do but have neither the time nor the follow through," being my fatal adult ADHD flaw. Or I'll end up all tied in knots in the middle of a ball of yarn and someone will have to rescue me. It could go either way.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll help you learn to knit, don't worry! After the first dog sweater you finish, you'll be hooked. ;)

And they will put NOLA together again, and we will go have a Flaming Dr. Pepper at the Goldmine on Dauphine St.

XO,

DG

8/31/2005 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home