Friday, July 22, 2005

Cysto #3

Went to the urologist's for a follow-up visit and stent removal. This is what was stuck up inside me for the better part of the week.
Cysto #3 was done without anesthesia and wasn't *as* bad as the first go round (which left me in agony, balled up in the floor of my mother's mini-van, wailing and crying). There's no way I'd call it "pleasant" or "comfortable," though. BTW, *as* bad being the difference between having your whole hand cut off the first time, and then just 2 or 3 fingers the second. You get the idea.
When the stent was removed, it was the most bizarre feeling. Almost like being in an "Alien" movie with a creature gushing forth. Ewww.
While I was cleaning up and dressing, I walked over to the surgical table to sneak a peek at "my" stent. I couldn't believe that thing had been inside me. I touched it. I shuddered. Then I left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home